Saturday, February 26, 2011

GF Roll Out Pizza Dough and Other Stuff...

This recipe for pizza crust comes pretty highly rated by the people who have tried it...definitely on the list to try. 


Also, I'm reading about how sorghum flour is hard to digest - maybe that's why I've had a stomach ache after eating some bread made with it?  


For my all purpose flour I'm using this recipe: 6 cups finely ground brown rice flour (King Arthur Flour has a stabilized brown rice flour that won't go rancid quickly), 2 cups potato starch (not flour) and 1 cup tapioca flour/starch.  This is the recipe used in the cookbook mentioned below as well as KAF's recipe.  You can substitute some garbanzo or garfava flour for part of the brown rice flour as well for more protein.  


I made the recipe for the GF bread in 5 minutes a day and it was very tasty.  It does have sorghum flour in it but not in a great quantity.  I would definitely recommend the recipe - it was easy to pull out of the refrigerator, wet my hands, shape a loaf and bake in a 7x5 pan.  I baked it for 40 minutes at 425.  It does have to rise for 90 minutes - so I ran errands.  



No comments:

Post a Comment