Thursday, February 24, 2011

Yummy GF pasta...

The other day Ruthie called me and excitedly told me about their dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory.  They had ordered GF pasta - but when they tasted it they questioned whether the waiter had gotten their order right - the pasta tasted so good.  Sure enough...it was GF pasta!! As they left the restaurant, Ruth asked to talk to the manager about the pasta to ask what the brand was.  He told her it was Heartland and they were quite sure their search for a good GF pasta was over.  (Ruth, you can correct me if I'm wrong here).  Anyway - she told me that the brand was Heartland and they loved it! Naturally we needed to try it, so I went to Amazon and purchased the 5 pack of spaghetti.  They're less expensive than the 8 oz. packages of corn/quinoa pasta which tends to fall apart if handled very much (as in Spaghetti Carbonara where it is tossed with olive oil, bacon, eggs and cheese).  


Tonight we enjoyed a package of this pasta along with Trader Joe's Bruschetta and Parmesan cheese.  I also fixed some Aidells sausages and sauteed red onion and kale from my CSA basket today.  Simple and delicious. I'll be purchasing more of the Heartland pasta...fortunately they have different shapes along with the spaghetti. 


So I wanted to recommend this pasta.  I talked to someone at Henry's in Laguna Niguel today about them carrying it in the stores.  Hopefully they will add it to their supply.  Definitely a thumbs up!! 

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I just came down to post about the pasta! You beat me to it. Got my case of 12 pkgs of Fusili yesterday from Amazon. You and I got the last two they had - hopefully they will get some more in but meanwhile if anyone local would like some I would be happy to sell you a bag - relatively inexpensive compared to other gf pasta available in the stores and MUCH better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time we'll be ordering this brand off of Amazon! Thanks for the recommendation. We've been using Tinkyada, which is better than De Noles, but still not that great.

    ReplyDelete